In pursuit of our core objective of securing and connecting Nigerian students with relevant firms and establishments across Nigeria for Industrial attachment (SIWES), ‘placements.com.ng’ team took a ride to Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State on 18th May, 2016 to honour the invitation of the university’s management to enlighten prospective Industrial Trainee at the orientation program organized to keep them abreast of the likely challenges, risks and prospects of the Student Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES).
The students who trooped out in their hundreds were copiously enlightened about how placements.com.ng has significantly zeroed down the stress of securing and connecting with relevant establishments for their industrial training.
It would be recalled that just few months ago, the Federal University of technology Akure (FUTA) played host to the team to enlighten her students of the prospects embeded in using the platform to secure industrial attachment as it immensely reduces the time, cost and risks involved in securing and connecting with an establishment of choice for the students industrial training.
Meanwhile, it is worthy to note that the platform was founded by Oyaleke Ayobami, a noble entrepreneur, with the help of his four other colleagues (Abiola Oluwasegun, Fowowe Caleb, George Ayanfe, Ogunmola Seun) . The platform kickstarted by the the last quarter of the year 2015 and had her community launch in February, 2016. In four months only, over a thousand prospective interns has benefited in no small means from the platform by timely connection with compatible firms across the length and breath of the country.
The core objectives of ‘placements.com.ng’ includes the following among others;
1. Partner with universities for pre-internship orientation and training for students; with university SUGs to access students and add them to our growing online community (where they can meet other Nigerian students to share experiences and ideas and learn from these)
2. Be an open platform to firms to become their number one sourcing platform for the best interns, thereby creating value for the firms and also helping students connect with them.
3. Create a community of Mentors and protégés for sharing of ideas, provision of training and re-training and supporting innovative initiatives that will help members of this community promote their ideas, connect them with users of their propositions and financing agencies where possible.
4. Provide career development support for students and human resource advisory (especially as regards interns) to firms
5. Provide further support and open opportunities for financing for start-ups and SMEs owned by graduates who have been part of our training scheme during their industrial internship.
In the growing difficulty to secure an internship in reputable and capable firm, and also get interns that meet firm’s basic requirements, it’s only reasonable and cost effective to go about it the best possible way. Global best practices dictates reducing the cost of doing business, adopt technology and outsource aspects of the business that will ease the burdens of effective service delivery.
A visit to placements.com.ng will convince you.