The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has vowed to go ahead with its planned strike despite the ruling of the National Industrial Court.
Benson Upah, the union’s head of information, confirmed this to our source late Tuesday.
“NLC’s position has not shifted. The strike will go on tomorrow,” he said.
When asked if he could be quoted, he said: “Quote me the strike will go on tomorrow.”
The NLC also asked its comrades to mobilise ahead of the industrial action, saying the take-off point for the federal capital teritorry (FCT) is at its secretariat by 8am.
Earlier on Tuesday, Babatunde Adejumo, president of the court, ordered the union to suspend action.
The judge gave the ruling following a suit filed by Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation (AGF).
Adejumo ordered parties to maintain the status quo until the hearing and determination of the exparte motion.
He also directed the government to dialogue with the NLC towards an amicable resolution of their dispute.